Major works are now complete on the O’Herns Road Upgrade. We’ve opened all new lanes on O’Herns Road and the interchange to the Hume Freeway.
We’ve opened all new lanes on O’Herns Road and the interchange to the Hume Freeway.
Construction on Stage 2 of the O'Herns Road Upgrade started in September 2019.
As part of the upgrade, we built:
- a new interchange with direct access to the Hume Freeway
- one new lane in each direction on O’Herns Road between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- new traffic light intersections at Edgars Road and Gateway Boulevard
- a wider bridge over the Hume Freeway to improve traffic flow to the new interchange
- a new and upgraded walking cycling path and on-road bicycle lane.
We’ve installed new traffic lights at the future Koukoura Drive intersection. Finishing works on the northern side of the intersection will continue until later this year. The remaining connection will be built by Development Victoria.
Stage 2 of the O’Herns Road Upgrade has many benefits. It will:
- deliver three new traffic light intersections, enabling better north-south connections between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- reduce traffic lengths and improve traffic flow so you can safely pass through the High Street intersection during a green light
- give residents in Epping and Epping North better access to the Hume Freeway
- improve traffic flow on Cooper Street, Miller Street and High Street
- provide better access for emergency service vehicles
- increase safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
VEC Civil Engineering is our construction partner delivering Stage 2 of the O’Herns Road Upgrade.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.