For Stage 1, we added traffic lights at the O’Herns Road and High Street intersection. For Stage 2, we’re building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway and adding extra lanes on the freeway and O’Herns Road.
Current traffic impacts
Edgars Road overnight closure
We’re temporarily closing Edgars Road between Longford Road and O’Herns Road, between 7am to 5pm on Tuesday 27 July so we can safely complete line marking, and pavement works.
In the event of wet or windy weather, we’ll reschedule these works to the following day. Look out for variable message signs on your local streets, which we’ll use to inform you of these traffic changes and when they’ll happen.
O’Herns Road traffic changes
- We’ve closed Quinlan Road at O’Herns Road until mid-2021 to complete pavement, signage and line marking works.
- We’ve opened Edgars Road until mid-2021 when we’ll need to complete final works at the intersection.
Look out for variable message signs on your local streets.
Managing traffic impacts
We're committed to keeping you moving during construction.
The majority of our works will be performed during the day from Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm and on Saturdays, 7am to 3pm.
Some works may need to be undertaken at night to minimise impacts on traffic and utility services. If this needs to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
Traffic management will be in place to guide roads users safely around our work zones. Our measures will include:
- installing signage and traffic devices to guide all road users through changed traffic conditions
- temporary lane and road closures
- temporary diversion of the Galada Tamboore shared walking and cycling path
- temporary diversion of road traffic
- reducing speed limits
- installing safety barriers to safely separate pedestrians, cyclists and drivers from our construction activities.
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.