For Stage 1, we added traffic lights at the O’Herns Road and High Street intersection. For Stage 2, we’re building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway and adding extra lanes on the freeway and O’Herns Road.
Current traffic impacts
Full closure of the Hume Freeway
We’re closing the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and the Hume Highway from 8pm Friday 14 May to 5am Monday 17 May so we can safely install steel railing on O’Herns Road bridge and lay asphalt to build the new Hume Freeway southbound entry and northbound exit ramps.
Lane closures will begin from 7pm and signed detours will be available via the Hume Highway and Cooper Street. In the event of wet or windy weather works will be rescheduled to 8pm, Friday 21 May to 5am, Monday 24 May.
The O’Herns Road bridge will also be closed during this time. Please refer to the map for recommended detours.
We encourage you to plan your journey in advance and allow extra travel time.
O’Herns Road traffic changes
- We’ve closed Quinlan Road at O’Herns Road until mid-2021 to complete pavement, signage and line marking works.
- We’ve opened Edgars Road until mid-2021 when we’ll need to complete final works at the intersection.
Look out for variable message signs on your local streets.
Managing traffic impacts
We're committed to keeping you moving during construction.
The majority of our works will be performed during the day from Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm and on Saturdays, 7am to 3pm.
Some works may need to be undertaken at night to minimise impacts on traffic and utility services. If this needs to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
Traffic management will be in place to guide roads users safely around our work zones. Our measures will include:
- installing signage and traffic devices to guide all road users through changed traffic conditions
- temporary lane and road closures
- temporary diversion of the Galada Tamboore shared walking and cycling path
- temporary diversion of road traffic
- reducing speed limits
- installing safety barriers to safely separate pedestrians, cyclists and drivers from our construction activities.
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.