We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
All new lanes on Plenty Road are open and major works are now complete.
We built the Plenty Road Upgrade in two stages:
- Stage 1 McKimmies Road to Bush Boulevard - completed mid-2019
- Stage 2 Bush Boulevard to Bridge Inn Road - major works completed mid-2021.
The $178.6 million upgrade will help get you home safer and sooner.
Works started in March 2018 and were completed in mid-2019.
During Stage 1 of the upgrade, we:
- added a new lane in each direction between McKimmies Road and Bush Boulevard
- upgraded five intersections, including Childs Road and Centenary Drive
- installed traffic lights at Rivergum and Mayfield Drives
- widened the existing footpath and create a new shared walking and cycling path
- built on-road cyclist lanes
- installed 10,000 metres of safety barriers.
We’ve added a lane in each direction and upgraded 12 intersections between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road. Major works are complete and all lanes on Plenty Road are now open, with finishing works along Plenty Road and around key intersections to continue until late October 2021.
Finishing works will include any remaining service relocations, some pavement and drainage works, barrier installation and landscaping.
During these works there may be some lane closures and speed restrictions in place. We’ll keep you updated as they progress.
Construction for Stage 1 started in March 2018
Stage 1 major works completed mid-2019
Stage 2 major works complete
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.