We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
Over the coming months, we’re continuing major works as we build the new lanes and intersections on Plenty Road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road.
Since our last major update, we’ve:
- laid 3,250 tonnes of asphalt at night covering 3.6km of road between McDonalds Road and Riverdale Boulevard
- installed new street lighting between McDonalds Road and The Lakes Boulevard
- installed permanent concrete barriers in the median near the Plenty Road and McDonalds Road intersection
- started to relocate gas services at The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road.
What we’re doing this month:
Between Bush Boulevard and The Lakes Boulevard we’ll:
- continue to build a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road onto Plenty Road
- build a new southbound lane between Stagecoach Boulevard and Gordons Road east
- upgrade the intersection at Gordons Road east.
Between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road we’ll:
- complete the intersection upgrade at Waterview Drive
- relocate gas services at The Lakes Boulevard and Riverdale Boulevard
- build new lanes and the median between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road
- continue working on the new Bridge Inn Road intersection, relocating utility services and building new pavement.
These works will involve:
- moving traffic barriers and installing safety barriers
- digging and removing soil
- relocating underground services including water, electricity, gas and telecommunications
- stormwater drainage works
- concrete kerb and channelling works
- removing old asphalt and laying new asphalt
- installing street lighting
- line marking.
Most of our works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 5pm, Saturdays.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather and ground conditions. At times we’ll need to work at night to reduce the impact to traffic during peak periods. When night works need to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
What to expect
There are various changes to the way you move through the area so that we can keep traffic moving safely while we work. There will also be detours and lane closures in place so we can safely complete our activities. For more information on upcoming traffic changes and disruptions, visit Victoria's Big Build.
|McDonalds Road (near Plenty Road)||Current until mid-2021|
|Plenty Road, between The Lakes Boulevard and McArthurs Road||Mid-April – late April|
|Plenty Road, between Waterview Drive and Campania Lane||Mid-April|
|Gordons Road and Plenty Road intersection (east)||Mid-April to early May|
|Plenty Road between Stagecoach Boulevard and Gordons Road||Early May to mid-May|
Waterview Drive to Campania Lane traffic changes
From 15 April 2021 (weather permitting),we’re moving northbound traffic permanently onto the new northbound lane between Waterview Drive and Campania Lane, while southbound traffic will stay on the southbound lane. In May, we’ll open two southbound lanes between Waterview Drive and Campania Lane.
Please see the below map for more information about traffic changes in this area.
Waterview Drive to Campania Lane traffic changes. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 144.4 KB)
Temporary bus stop closures and pedestrian changes
Stagecoach Boulevard bus stop
From Thursday 8 April until mid-May, the Stagecoach Boulevard southbound bus stop on route 382 will be temporarily closed. Please use Highview Drive/Plenty Road bus stop 400m south.
Stagecoach Boulevard bus stop View a larger version of the map (JPG, 410.0 KB).
Waterview Drive and Riverdale Boulevard
Waterview Drive bus stop
From mid-April, the new Waterview Drive/Plenty Road bus stops will permanently reopen including:
- The Waterview Drive/Plenty Road northbound bus stop servicing routes 382, 386, 387 and 955
- The Plenty Road/Waterview Drive southbound bus stop servicing route 386
Please refer to the Waterview Drive to Campania Lane traffic changes map above for further information.
We've made some short-term changes to pedestrian access between Riverdale Boulevard and Waterview Drive so we can safely relocate a gas main under Plenty Road. There’ll be no disruption to supply while we work.
Please follow the signage in place to guide you to the nearest pedestrian crossing or refer to the below map for more information. These changes will be in place until mid-2021.
Pedestrian access map between Riverdale Boulevard and Waterview Drive View a larger version of the map (PDF, 180.4 KB).
From late February until mid-2021 (weather permitting), we’ll build a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road onto Plenty Road and continue relocating water services.
We’ve temporarily closed the eastbound bus stops on McDonalds Road at Danaher Drive and HomeCo. There’ll be signage in place to guide you to alternative bus stops. Refer to the map below.
Bus route 382 (Whittlesea)
- Use the McDonalds Road/Plenty Road northbound bus stop located 150m north on Plenty Road, near HomeCo.
Bus route 901 (Frankston)
- Use the Briar Court/Gorge Road eastbound bus stop bus stop located 300m east on Gorge Road, near Briar Court.
McDonalds Road map View a larger version of the map (PDF, 201.3 KB).
There are changes to pedestrian paths and crossings at the Plenty Road and McDonalds Road intersection. We’ll ensure that we keep one crossing open in each direction at all times. Please follow the signage in place to guide you to the nearest pedestrian crossing.
Protecting and relocating underground services
Over the coming months, we’ll continue to protect and relocate underground services including electricity, water, communications and gas near our work area. During this work there may be changes to the way you travel around the area, including changes to parking and pedestrian detours.
You may notice some noise, dust, vibration and lighting while we work. We’ll do our best to keep these impacts to a minimum and monitor our activities so we can manage impacts and adjust our work as required.
Access to homes and businesses
We’ll maintain access to homes and businesses at all times.
Keeping you informed
Sign up for email and sms updates.
If you’d like to speak to a member of our team about these works or how they may affect you, you can call us on 1800 105 105 and select option 5.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.