We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
August 2020 update
Over the coming months, we’ll continue major works as we build your new lanes and intersections on Plenty Road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road.
What we’re doing and when
Between Bush Boulevard and The Lakes Boulevard we’ll:
- build the new shared use path between Bush Boulevard and McDonalds Road
- construct a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road and upgrade the westbound slip lane
onto McDonalds Road
- build the new northbound lane between McDonalds Road and Gordons Road.
Between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road we’ll:
- build the new southbound lane between McArthurs Road/Hawkstowe Parade and Waterview Drive
- build a new slip lane onto Hawkstowe Parade
- continue works at The Parkway intersection
- remove the Tangelo Grove/Francesca Drive roundabout
- continue building a large structure that enables water to flow from Simon’s Creek under Plenty Road
- continue major works on the new signalised intersection at Bridge Inn Road.
Works during this period will involve:
- temporary line marking
- installing safety barriers and gawk screens
- drainage works
- concrete kerb and channelling works
- digging and removing soil
- installing slabs for underground water structure
- relocating and protecting electrical and communications underground services.
Most works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm, Saturdays, however there may be some night works involved. If required, we’ll work between 7pm and 6am, Sunday to Thursday.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather and ground conditions. When additional night works need to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
What to expect
At this time, all Victorians are being encouraged to stay home and save lives. If you do need to leave the house for any of the four reasons allowed, please observe signage for information about lane closures, detours and speed reductions.
McDonalds Road to Gordons Road
Traffic will move over to southbound lanes between McDonalds and Gordons roads until late 2020. This will involve:
- Stagecoach Boulevard U-turn closed
- changes to bus stops and pedestrian access at McDonalds and Old Plenty roads.
Stagecoach Boulevard U-turn closed. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 176.9 KB).
McArthurs Road to Tangelo Grove
Traffic will move over to northbound lanes between McArthurs Road and Waterview Drive. This will involve:
- The Parkway closed at Plenty Road
- Changes to bus stops and pedestrian crossings
- Short-term changes to access at Hawkstowe Parade (at night) and the pedestrian crossing
- There’ll be access changes for motorists and pedestrians at Francesca Drive/Tangelo Grove in the coming months. We’ll provide more information as planning progresses.
McArthurs Road to Waterview Drive. Mid-July to late 2020. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 133.8 KB).
Bus stops and pedestrian access
Changes to bus stops and pedestrian access at the intersection of Bridge Inn Road and Plenty Road
We’re continuing works to build the new lanes at the intersection of Plenty Road and Bridge Inn Road. We’re installing safety barriers, relocating and protecting power and telecommunications services, and undertaking digging, kerb works and asphalting.
Works will generally take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 3pm, Saturdays. We may need to do some works at night to minimise impacts on traffic or utility services. If this needs to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
What to expect
To complete these works safely, we need to close some lanes and make some temporary changes to speed limits, bus stops and pedestrian access. Please refer to the map below for more information.
Bus stop changes
To complete these works safely, we’ve temporarily relocated the following bus stops until October 2020:
- Plenty Road/Bridge Inn Road bus stop (ID. 51036)
- Bridge Inn Road/Plenty Road bus stop (ID. 46386).
There’s signage in place to direct you to temporary bus stops located nearby.
Pedestrians and cyclists
We've temporarily closed the pedestrian crossings at the Bridge Inn Road and Plenty Road intersection until mid-2021. There’ll be signed detours in place to direct you to signalised pedestrian crossings nearby.
Cycling detours remain in place until the end of the project and can be found on our Stage 2 page under Detours or by following directional signage.
The cycling detour will extend north of Bridge Inn Road to Mernda Village Drive, with on-road bike lanes closed from late June 2020 until mid-2021.
Our construction activities may generate medium to high levels of noise, dust and vibration at times. We’re monitoring these to ensure impacts are kept to a minimum. If you have any concerns about night works, we encourage you to contact us on 1800 105 105.
Access to homes and businesses
There’ll be changed traffic conditions but access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
Safety our key priority
We are doing our part to help reduce the risk of infection and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the community. The health and safety of our workers is our key priority as we continue to deliver the Plenty Road Upgrade, as is supporting physical distancing measures in line with current health advice.
We have strict protocols in place to protect the safety of our construction workforce, including enhanced industrial cleaning arrangements, provision of personal protective equipment and measures to reduce staff contact, including staggered shifts.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.