We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
Over the coming months, we’re continuing major works as we build the new lanes and intersections on Plenty Road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road.
Since our last major update, we’ve:
- upgraded intersections at Bellevue Boulevard, Hawkstowe Parade, Old Plenty Road and Tangelo Grove
- built a third northbound lane between McDonalds Road and Stagecoach Boulevard and upgraded the existing lanes
- completed the new southbound lanes between Waterview Drive and Campania Lane and started building the new northbound lane
- finished upgrading the Tangelo Grove bus stop and shared walking and cycling path.
What we’re doing from now until April
Between Bush Boulevard and The Lakes Boulevard we’ll:
- continue to build a shared walking and cycling path between McDonalds Road and Gordons Road
- continue to build a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road onto Plenty Road
- work at night to complete the final layer of asphalt between McDonalds Road and The Lakes Boulevard
- upgrade the intersections at Stagecoach Boulevard and Gordons Road east.
Between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road we’ll:
- upgrade the intersections at Waterview Drive, Basilica Vista and Riverdale Boulevard
- build new lanes between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road
- add turning lanes and traffic lights at Francesca Drive
- continue working on the new Bridge Inn Road intersection, relocating utility services and building new pavement.
These works will involve:
- moving traffic barriers and installing safety barriers
- digging and removing soil
- relocating underground services including water, electricity, gas and telecommunications
- stormwater drainage works
- concrete kerb and channelling works
- removing old asphalt and laying new asphalt
- installing street lighting and traffic lights
- line marking.
All works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 5pm, Saturdays.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather and ground conditions. When night works need to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
What to expect
There are various changes to the way you move through the area so that we can keep traffic moving safely while we work. There will also be detours and lane closures in place so we can safely complete our activities. For more information on upcoming traffic changes and disruptions, visit Victoria's Big Build.
McDonalds Road eastbound lane closure
There will be changed traffic conditions while we build a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road onto Plenty Road, including a lane closure on McDonalds Road. Please observe signs for lane closures and speed reductions.
Upcoming night works and traffic changes between McDonalds Road and Riverdale Boulevard
During February and March, we’ll work between McDonalds Road and Riverdale Boulevard to complete the final layer of asphalt. We’ll remove the top layer of asphalt first, then lay new asphalt to repair and re-seal the road.
We’ll work at night between 7pm and 6am, Sunday to Thursday to minimise disruption to traffic during the day and ensure the safety of our workers.
While we work there will be temporary traffic changes such as road closures and speed reductions however the closures will only be in place for short periods and traffic controllers will guide you through the area. Please call us on 1800 105 105 if you’re concerned about noise or property access.
Refer to the table below for more information.
|McDonalds Road to Stagecoach Boulevard |
|Late February (from 21 Feb) to early March|
|Stagecoach Boulevard to The Lakes Boulevard|
|Early to mid- March|
|The Lakes Boulevard to Riverdale Boulevard|
Basilica Vista and Waterview Drive
Basilica Vista is closed at Plenty Road from Monday 18 January until late February.
Waterview Drive is closed at Plenty Road from Monday 1 February until late February.
There will be detours in place via Francesca Drive (left in, left out only) or Campania Lane. Refer to the map below.
Waterview Drive and Basilica Vista temporary closures. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 159.8 KB).
Temporary bus stop closures
There are temporary changes to bus stops on route 386 from Monday 1 February until late February while Waterview Drive is closed.
- Plenty Road/Waterview Drive southbound will remain closed. Use Breadalbane Ave/Waterview Drive 350m west.
- Plenty Road/Waterview Drive northbound will close. Use Woodland Waters Reserve/Waterview Drive 500m west.
- Woodlands Conservation Reserve/Waterview Drive northbound will close. Use Woodland Waters Reserve/Waterview Drive 300m west.
There’ll be signage in place to guide you to the nearest bus stop. Refer to map below.
Waterview Drive closure – temporary bus stop closures for route 386. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 113.7 KB).
From late February until mid-2021 (weather permitting), we’ll build a new northbound slip lane from McDonalds Road onto Plenty Road and continue relocating water services.
We’ll need to temporarily close the eastbound bus stops on McDonalds Road at Danaher Drive and HomeCo for up to 3 months. There’ll be signage in place to guide you to alternative bus stops. Refer to the map below.
Bus route 382 (Whittlesea)
- Use the McDonalds Road/Plenty Road northbound bus stop located 150m north on Plenty Road, near HomeCo.
Bus route 901 (Frankston)
- Use the Briar Court/Gorge Road eastbound bus stop bus stop located 300m east on Gorge Road, near Briar Court.
There’ll be changes to pedestrian paths and crossings at the Plenty Road and McDonalds Road intersection. We’ll ensure that we keep one crossing open in each direction at all times. Please follow the signage in place to guide you to the nearest pedestrian crossing.
Protecting and relocating underground services
Over the coming months, we’ll continue to protect and relocate underground services including electricity, water, communications and gas near our work area. During this work there may be changes to the way you travel around the area, including changes to parking and pedestrian detours.
You may notice some noise, dust, vibration and lighting while we work. We’ll do our best to keep these impacts to a minimum and monitor our activities so we can manage impacts and adjust our work as required.
Access to homes and businesses
We’ll maintain access to homes and businesses at all times.
Keeping you informed
Sign up for email and sms updates.
If you’d like to speak to a member of our team about these works or how they may affect you, you can call us on 1800 105 105 and select option 5.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.