We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
November/December 2020 update
Over the coming months, we’re continuing major works as we build the new lanes and intersections on Plenty Road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road.
What we’re doing and when
Between Bush Boulevard and The Lakes Boulevard we’ll:
- continue building new lanes between McDonalds Road and The Lakes Boulevard
- upgrade the Stagecoach Boulevard and Gordons Road east intersections.
Between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road we’ll:
- continue building new lanes between The Lakes Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road
- build the new intersection at Francesca Drive, adding turning lanes and traffic lights
- continue works on the new Bridge Inn Road intersection, relocating utility services and building new pavement.
Works during this period will involve:
- moving traffic barriers and installing safety barriers
- relocating underground services
- digging and removing soil
- stormwater drainage works
- concrete kerb and channeling works
- installing street lighting and traffic lights
- line marking.
Most works will take place between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 5pm, Saturdays, however there may be some night works involved. If required, we’ll work between 7pm and 6am, Sunday to Thursday.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather and ground conditions. When night works need to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
What to expect
Throughout November and December, there will be various changes to the way you move through the area so that we can keep traffic moving safely while we work. There will also be detours and lane closures in place so we can safely complete our activities. For more information on upcoming traffic changes and disruptions, visit Victoria's Big Build.
McDonalds Road to Gordons Road
From mid-November until late 2020 (weather permitting), we’ll open two new northbound lanes and two southbound lanes between McDonalds and Gordons roads, while we complete remaining works in the centre of the road.
We’ll also upgrade the Stagecoach Boulevard intersection.
Recently, we've reopened the:
- Right turn in and right turn out at Old Plenty Road
- Northbound bus stop at Old Plenty Road and Plenty Road
- Right turn in at Bellevue Boulevard (northbound).
The Lakes Boulevard to Bridge Inn Road
Throughout November and December, there’ll be various changes the way you move through the area so that we can keep traffic moving while we work. Please drive carefully and observe traffic signage.
- The Lakes Boulevard to McArthurs Road: We’ve moved traffic over to the outer lanes while we complete remaining works in the centre of the road. There are two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound open to traffic.
- McArthurs Road to Riverdale Boulevard: We’ve moved southbound traffic onto the new southbound lane
- Waterview Drive to Francesca Drive: We’ll move traffic onto the new southbound lane.
Stagecoach Boulevard access changes
From Tuesday 1 December until Tuesday 8 December we’ll build the centre lanes and median between Stagecoach Boulevard and Gordons Road. While we work there’ll be temporary access changes at Stagecoach Boulevard:
- No right turns at Stagecoach Boulevard (left in, left out only)
- Right turn in via The Lakes Boulevard U-turn
- Right turn onto Plenty Road via Old Plenty Road U-turn
- Stagecoach Boulevard northbound U-turn closed.
Please refer to the below map for more information.
Stagecoach Boulevard closure
From Tuesday 8 December until Wednesday 23 December we’ll upgrade the Stagecoach Boulevard intersection. During this time, the intersection will be closed at Plenty Road, with local detours in place.
- Stagecoach Boulevard closed at Plenty Road
- Detour via Bellevue Boulevard
- Bellevue Boulevard exit is left out only. U-turn at Old Plenty Road for northbound travel
- Bellevue Boulevard right turn entry open.
Please refer to the map below for more information.
Bus stops and pedestrian access
Stagecoach Boulevard temporary bus stop closure
We’ll temporarily close the Stagecoach Boulevard southbound bus stop from Tuesday 8 December for up to two weeks while we work. If you’re taking southbound bus route 382 (Northland Shopping Centre), you’ll need to use the bus stop located 450m south at Highview Drive. There’ll be signage in place to guide and assist you, and you can also refer to the map below.
Bridge Inn Road temporary bus stop changes – bus stop closure
From late November, the temporary westbound bus stop at Plenty Road/Bridge Inn Road, in between Bridge Inn Road and Mernda Station will close while we upgrade the intersection and build new bus stops.
If you’re taking westbound bus routes 382, 386, 387 and 389, you’ll need to use the bus stop located 400m east at Mernda Station. There’ll be signage in place to guide and assist you, and you can also refer to the map below.
Riverdale Boulevard pedestrian access changes
From late November (weather permitting) until late 2020, we’ll need to temporarily close the northern pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Plenty Road and Riverdale Boulevard.
We’ll set up a temporary signalised crossing south of the Waterview Drive intersection so you can continue to safely cross Plenty Road while we work. We’ll also need to close the pedestrian path on the western side of Plenty Road between Riverdale Boulevard and Waterview Drive.
Please follow the signage in place to guide you to the nearest pedestrian crossing and refer to the map below for more information.
Protecting and relocating underground services
Over the coming months, we’ll continue to protect and relocate underground services including electricity, water, communications and gas near our work area. During this work there may be changes to the way you travel around the area, including changes to parking and pedestrian detours.
You may notice some noise, dust, vibration and lighting while we work. We’ll do our best to keep these impacts to a minimum and monitor our activities so we can manage impacts and adjust our work as required.
Access to homes and businesses
We’ll maintain access to homes and businesses at all times.
Keeping you informed
Sign up for email and sms updates.
If you’d like to speak to a member of our team about these works or how they may affect you, you can call us on 1800 105 105 and select option 5.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.