We’re upgrading Plenty Road between McKimmies Road and Bridge Inn Road to help you get home safer and sooner.
An average of 35,000 people use Plenty Road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road each day.
Between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road, we will:
- widen Plenty Road from 4 to 6 lanes between Bush Boulevard and Riverdale Boulevard
- widen Plenty Road from 2 to 4 lanes between Riverdale Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road
- upgrade 12 major intersections, including Bridge Inn Road, Waterview Drive and Tangelo Drive
- improve cycling and walking facilities.
Major works have commenced on Stage 2. We anticipate that the project will be complete in mid-2021.
Our construction partner building the project is Decmil.
Plenty Road on-road bike lanes are closed in both directions from Bush Boulevard to Bridge Inn Road until mid-2021. Detour via shared walking and cycling path.
- View detour map for Bellevue Boulevard right turn ban (PDF, 43.5 KB) - until late March 2020
- View detour map for Old Plenty Road right turn ban (PDF, 51.0 KB) - until late June 2020
- View detour map for temporary bus stop closures south of Riverdale Boulevard (PDF, 125.9 KB) - until May 2020.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.