We’re building a new bridge over the Cranbourne rail line to connect Pound Road West and Remington Drive, as well as upgrading the Frankston-Dandenong Road bridge over the Cranbourne and Pakenham rail lines.
As part of the Pound Road West Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- connect Pound Road West and Remington Drive with a new bridge over the Cranbourne railway line
- install new traffic lights at Ventura Place and Hydrive Close
- upgrade the existing Remington Drive and Pound Road West intersections at Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
We’re also upgrading the Frankston-Dandenong Road bridge over the Cranbourne and Pakenham rail lines.
This Pound Road West Upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway and Abbotts Road
- improve access in and around the Dandenong South employment hub
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers
- improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
In November 2020 we started working with a contractor to work through detailed planning and design for the Pound Road West and Frankston-Dandenong Road bridge upgrades.
This phase includes developing a detailed construction program. It also involves a number of site investigations to help us locate utility services and understand existing road and ground conditions.
We expect to start delivering the Pound Road West and Frankston-Dandenong Road bridge upgrades in the second half of 2021.
Pound Road West Upgrade. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 159.6 KB).
For more information about the Pound Road West and Frankston-Dandenong Road Bridge upgrades, please call 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also sign up for email and SMS updates below.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.