We’re building a new bridge over the Cranbourne rail line, upgrading intersections and adding an extra lane between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway.
As part of the Pound Road West Upgrade, we’ll:
- build a new bridge over the Cranbourne train line to connect Pound Road West and Remington Drive
- add an extra lane in each direction between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- install new traffic lights at Ventura Place and Hydrive Close
- upgrade the existing intersections at Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway and Abbotts Road
- improve access around the Dandenong South employment hub
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.