We’re improving connections in Dandenong South to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
We’ll build a new bridge over the Cranbourne rail line to remove the dead ends at Remington Drive and Pound Road West. The bridge will provide a second connection between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway, improving access to the freeway network and reducing travel times for businesses.
As part of the Pound Road West Upgrade, we’ll:
- connect Pound Road West and Remington Drive with a new bridge over the Cranbourne railway line
- add an extra lane in each direction between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- install new traffic lights at Ventura Place and Hydrive Close
- upgrade the existing Remington Drive and Pound Road West intersections at Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
We’ll also strengthen and resurface the Frankston-Dandenong Road Bridge over the Cranbourne and Pakenham rail lines.
This Pound Road West Upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway and Abbotts Road
- improve access in and around the Dandenong South employment hub
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers
- improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
07:00am to 10:00amPound Road West Upgrade
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.