We’re upgrading the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale to improve safety and reduce travel times.
The Princes Highway East Upgrade will add 43kms of new lanes to the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale, which will be delivered in three stages.
We've completed stages 1 and 2 of the upgrade, with 31 kms of new lanes added to the Princes Highway and 22 intersections upgraded.
The Australian and Victorian Governments invested $260 million for the first two stages of the upgrade, which included the duplication of nine sections of the highway. These nine sections are now complete.
We've secured funding from the Victorian and Australian Governments for stage 3 of the Princes Highway East Duplication Project. This stage will complete the project, providing a consistent two-lane highway in both directions between Traralgon and Sale.
As part of the project, we'll:
- add two additional lanes to provide a four-lane dual carriageway with a central median at:
- Flynn: East of Sheepwash Creek Road to west of Flynn’s Creek Road
- Kilmany: East of Maffra-Rosedale Road Nambrok to west of Sale-Cowwarr Road Fulham.
- widen the shoulder of the road, install safety barriers and tactile edge lines
- provide regular U-turn opportunities
- upgrade an additional 6 intersections
- improve local road and private access to the highway, including a service road in the Kilmany township
- separate the rail line and the highway with a road-under-rail solution at Kilmany
- complete the final stage of the Princes Highway East Duplication Project between Traralgon and Sale.
This stage of the upgrade will make journeys between Traralgon and Sale quicker and safer by increasing road capacity and providing a consistent two-lane highway in both directions.
43 kms of duplicated highway
11 sections of upgraded highway between Traralgon and Sale
$513 million upgrade
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.