We’re upgrading the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale to improve safety and reduce travel times.
Who we’re working with
To make sure we carefully manage all environmental aspects of the project, we’re working with:
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Latrobe City Council
- Wellington Shire Council.
As part of the works, we’ve put in place an Environmental Protection Strategy.
How we’re planning and assessing the works
We’ve obtained all major planning approvals for the project. We’ve completed the environment effects statement and planning scheme amendments for all works along the Princes Highway East between:
- Stammers Road, Traralgon East
- Templetons Road, Kilmany.
Contact us to view copies of environment effects statement documentation.
Protecting the environment
We’ve acquired a 120-hectare site at Bengworden to protect local native species and enhance their habitat.
We’ve also become the custodian of Victoria’s only roadside native vegetation offset site. The 25-hectare roadside site can be found between Sheepwash Creek, Traralgon East, and Flynns Creek Road along the south side of the Princes Highway.
- 2010/5640 Princes Highway East Duplication Project EPBC Compliance Report No. 6 2019 (PDF, 636.6 KB)
- 2010/5640 Princes Highway East Duplication Project EPBC Compliance Report No. 5 2018 (PDF, 569.7 KB)
- 2010/5640 Princes Highway East Duplication Project EPBC Compliance Report No. 4 2017 (PDF, 367.2 KB)
- 2010/5640 Princes Highway East Duplication Project EPBC Compliance Report No. 3 2016
(PDF, 912.1 KB)
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.