We’re adding extra lanes and building new intersections along the Princes Highway between Winchelsea and Colac to make your journey quicker and safer.
As part of the upgrade between Warncoort and Colac East, we will:
- add 8.5km of new lanes
- upgrade 6 intersections at Bourkes and Trasks Roads, Pyles Road, Warrowie and Collins Roads, Colac-Ballarat and Drapers Roads, Flaxmill Road and Gallop and Baillie Streets
- add new designated left and right turn lanes off the highway
- install flexible safety barriers on the edge of the road and in the median
- upgrade drainage.
We expect to complete the upgrade in 2019.
Temporary closure of Collins Road
From 12 August to 8 September 2019, we will temporarily close Collins Road at the Princes Highway intersection. Princes Highway will remain open during these works.
The 3-week closure allows us to complete 7 weeks’ worth of work to tie in Collins Road with the new section of highway much quicker. It will result in a better-quality road, with fewer joins between Collins Road and the highway.
To carry out these works safely we’ll:
- close Collins Road at the intersection with the highway
- install signage on local roads to direct road users to the detour.
If you need to access Collins Road, you will be diverted via the following sealed roads:
- Colac-bound – travel via Colac-Forrest Road. Similar travel times are expected.
- Geelong-bound – travel west via Colac-Forrest Road and use Drapers Road to reconnect with Princes Highway. Please note Triggs Road will be available to local traffic only (Triggs Road residents and the school bus). We recommend you please allow an extra 5 mins travel time via Drapers Road.
All local services including the school bus, rubbish collections and postal services will continue as normal.
The contractor for this project is Decmil.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.