The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade will improve six main roads across the south eastern suburbs. We’ll also improve foot path conditions and road network infrastructure.
The project has many benefits for growing communities in the south eastern suburbs. We will:
- make it quicker, easier and safer for all road users
- give locals better access to the growing residential suburbs and jobs in the area
- give local businesses opportunities for growth by improving priority truck routes
- improve safety for cyclists and pedestrians with the addition of walking and cycling paths.
As part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade we will add lanes and upgrade intersections on:
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road from the Princes Freeway to Manks Road, Pakenham South
- Lathams Road from Oliphant Way to Dandenong-Frankston Road, Seaford
- Hallam North Road from Heatherton Road to James Cook Drive, Endeavour Hills
- Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road from Thompsons Road to the South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne
- Pound Road West and Remington Drive from Abbotts Road to the South Gippsland Highway, with a new bridge over the Cranbourne train line, Dandenong South
- Golf Links and Grant Roads road surface improvements from the Peninsula Link to Frankston-Flinders Road, Langwarrin South.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade:
- includes a 20-year maintenance contract, which guarantees the ongoing care of hundreds of kilometres of road in the south
- is being delivered through a Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- due to be completed by the end of 2025
- roads will not become toll roads.
Visit your.roadprojects.vic.gov.au to find out more about the South Eastern Roads Upgrade.
$2.2 billion investment
12 road upgrades in outer north and south eastern suburbs
improving safety and traffic flow
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.