The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Golf Links Road update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Golf Links Road Upgrade early next year.
See the Golf Links Road Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Golf Links Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- improve the road surface
- improve the six-way roundabout at Golf Links, Grant, Warrandyte and Baxter-Tooradin Road
- upgrade existing intersections at McClelland Drive and Peninsula Link off-ramp
- install traffic lights at the Baxter-Tooradin Road pedestrian crossing near the school
- add safety barriers along sections of the road.
Why Golf Links Road?
More than 8,000 cars and trucks use Golf Links Road every day.
Golf Links Road connects industrial areas around Somerville and Hastings to Peninsula Link and Western Port Highway, as well as connecting nearby suburbs to Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
This upgrade will:
- make it safer for you to get to Peninsula Link, Somerville, Hastings and Western Port Highway
- make it safer for trucks to get to Grant Road and the Somerville commercial precinct
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Golf Links Road Upgrade and received over 140 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Golf Links Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.