The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Golf Links Road update
The Golf Links Road Upgrade is part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade, which will upgrade six key roads in the south east.
The South Eastern Roads Upgrade will be delivered as Public Private Partnership (PPP). This means we’ll engage a contractor through a competitive process to deliver the design and construction of the road upgrades.
We released a request for proposal (RFP) on 25 March 2019 to deliver 12 projects as part of the South Eastern and Northern Roads Upgrades. We are currently in the tender evaluation phase of the project and anticipate the contract to be awarded in early 2020. Construction will start from mid to late 2020.
As part of the Golf Links Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- improve the road surface
- improve the six-way roundabout at Golf Links, Grant, Warrandyte and Baxter-Tooradin Roads
- improve existing intersections at McClelland Drive and Peninsula Link off-ramp
- install traffic lights at the Baxter-Tooradin Road pedestrian crossing outside Baxter Primary School
- install safety barriers along sections of the road.
Why Golf Links Road?
More than 8,000 cars and trucks use Golf Links Road every day.
Golf Links Road connects industrial areas around Somerville and Hastings to Peninsula Link and Western Port Highway, as well as connecting nearby suburbs to Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
This upgrade will:
- make it easier and safer for you to get to Peninsula Link, Somerville, Hastings and the Western Port Highway
- make it easier and safer for trucks to get to Grant Road and the Somerville commercial precinct
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Golf Links Road Upgrade and received over 140 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Golf Links Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.