The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Hallam North and Heatherton Road update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade early next year.
See the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- add two through lanes and two right turn lanes in each direction at the Heatherton Road intersection
- install traffic lights at Thomas Mitchell Drive
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Why Hallam North and Heatherton Road?
More than 18,000 people use Hallam North and Heatherton Road every day.
Hallam North and Heatherton Roads are key routes between the Monash Freeway and the growing suburbs of Endeavour Hills and Narre Warren North. We understand that at peak times you experience significant delays in this area.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade and received over 170 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Hallam North Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.