The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade early next year.
See the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Princes Freeway and Manks Road
- install new roundabouts at Ballarto Road and Hall Road, as well as south of Deep Creek
- install new traffic lights at Greenhills Road
- widen the existing Princes Freeway ramp roundabouts
- build a new bridge over Deep Creek near the water recycling plant
- build a new shared walking and cycling path
- add safety barriers along the road.
Why Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road?
More than 21,000 cars and trucks use Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road every day.
Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road is an important connection between the Princes Freeway and South Gippsland Highway, connecting industry in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs to Western Port Bay and Gippsland. It is also an important connection for residents in Koo Wee Rup and Pakenham South, providing a connection to freeways and local employment hubs.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide an upgraded alternative north-south route in the Pakenham South area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade and received over 180 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.