The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Lathams Road update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Lathams Road Upgrade early next year.
See the Lathams Road Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Lathams Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- upgrade the intersection at Frankston-Dandenong Road
- provide a right turn lane at Levida, Titan, Brett and Tova Drive
- widen the existing roundabouts at Oliphant Way and Frankston Gardens Drive
- install new traffic lights at the Stephensons Road and Colemans Road intersections
- build a new bridge over the Peninsula Link, adding a new lane in each direction over the freeway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Why Lathams Road?
More than 18,000 cars and trucks use Lathams Road every day.
Lathams Road connects the Carrum Downs industrial area to the freeway network and business hubs in Dandenong, Cranbourne and Frankston. It is also an important connection between nearby suburbs of Carrum Downs, Seaford and Skye and Eastlink.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- enhance connectivity for the local community and businesses in Carrum Downs and Seaford
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Lathams Road Upgrade and received over 110 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Lathams Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.