The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 12 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
Pound Road West update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the South Eastern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Pound Road West Upgrade early next year.
See the Pound Road West Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Pound Road West Upgrade, we’ll:
- build a new bridge over the Cranbourne train line to connect Pound Road West and Remington Drive
- add an extra lane in each direction between Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- install new traffic lights at Ventura Place and Hydrive Close
- upgrade the existing intersections at Abbotts Road and South Gippsland Highway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Why Pound Road West?
More than 40,000 cars and trucks are expected to use Pound Road West every day.
We’re connecting Pound Road West and Remington Drive to create a new route from the industrial areas in Dandenong South to the freeway network.
Creating this new connection means traffic will flow better on surrounding roads and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
Upgrading the road will make it safer for you to travel to businesses in the area.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway and Abbotts Road
- improve access around the Dandenong South employment hub
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Pound Road West Upgrade and received over 90 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Pound Road West engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.