We’re realigning the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan to improve safety and travel times.
We’ve been working with a range of people from different interest groups on the planning of this project for more than 10 years.
- local landowners
- the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP)
- South Gippsland Shire Council
- West Gippsland Catchment Management Authority
- Southern Rural Water
- Museum Victoria
- Geological Survey Victoria
- Nerrena Land Care Group
- the Great Southern Rail Trail Committee of Management.
As the public exhibition period of the preliminary documentation has now closed, we are waiting for approval from the Department of Environment and Energy.
Salvage works to be completed by archaeologists and local indigenous representatives will start soon.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.