We’re realigning the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan to improve safety and travel times.
Works are in full swing as the realignment of the South Gippsland Highway between Koonwarra and Meeniyan progresses.
What we’re doing
Over the coming months, construction works will include:
- earthworks to build the foundation of the new road
- construction of access tracks and temporary bridges for crews to reach hard to access areas
- building foundations for the new permanent bridges over the Tarwin River
- finishing line-marking and installing temporary barriers along the highway
- excavation and construction of new retaining walls
What you can expect
During construction, there will be speed reductions and changed traffic conditions on the South Gippsland Highway. Motorists can also expect short delays on the highway to allow trucks to transport dirt from one side of the highway to the other.
Please take extra care when driving, cycling or walking near the construction area and observe any traffic management and directional signage in place.
Great Southern Rail Trail
Along the Great Southern Rail Trail, we have installed safety barriers so that we can work safely behind them. Though works will largely be behind these barriers, there may be times you’ll see workers and vehicles on the trail.
Traffic controllers may stop you briefly to allow machinery and vehicles to cross. Please follow the signage and instructions of workers on site.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.