We’re upgrading intersections along South Road between Nepean Highway and Warrigal Road to reduce congestion and improve travel times.
The Victorian Government is investing $30 million to improve South Road, a key east-west arterial road that links the Nepean Highway to the Dingley Bypass.
The South Road Upgrade includes:
- construction of a new citybound right turn lane to improve access to Nepean Highway
- new turning lanes for the East Boundary Road intersection
- adding new traffic lights at the Bignell Road intersection
- modifying the South Road, Jasper Road and Taylor Street intersection to improve traffic flow and safety
- upgrading bike lanes and footpaths along Nepean Highway between Patterson Road and Katoomba Street.
Upgrades to South Road will add to the record development of Melbourne’s south east transport network, making it easier for drivers to get to their destination.
The project will improve safety and reduce congestion for the 40,000 people who use South Road every day.
All road users will benefit from the improvements that will cater for Melbourne’s growing south east now and for future generations.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.