We’re upgrading major intersections on Hoddle Street and Punt Road to improve traffic flow.
New right turns
From 17 March 2019, right-turns changed at Punt Road and Swan Street.
Victoria’s first Continuous Flow Intersection (CFI) provides more go time, shorter queues and more reliable travel times on Punt Road and Hoddle Street.
The new intersection includes:
- a right turn lane to turn right from Punt Road to Olympic Boulevard.
- a p-turn to turn right from Swan Street to Punt Road
- a p-turn to turn right from Punt Road to Swan Street
There is no right turn from Olympic Boulevard to Punt Road.
Signs are in place to guide you through the new intersection.
Olympic Boulevard changes
We’ve made some permanent changes for drivers travelling along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard.
- permanently changed Olympic Boulevard towards the city to one through lane and one u-turn lane
- permanently removed one through lane on Olympic Boulevard towards Swan Street.
We’ve also permanently removed the right turn from Olympic Boulevard to Punt Road. To travel towards South Yarra, you can continue to Church Street, or use Alexandra Avenue from the City.
Thank you for your patience while we completed these important works.
You can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 1800 105 105 (option 5) for more information or subscribe to our e-newsletter by entering your email address below.
You can also visit us every weekday from 10am to 4pm at the Community Hub, 2 Swan Street, Cremorne. We can also meet you out of hours by appointment only.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.