We’re adding an extra lane, upgrading intersections and installing safety barriers between Princes Freeway and Manks Road.
The Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade is part of the Suburban Roads Upgrade Program.
As part of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Princes Freeway and Manks Road
- install new roundabouts at Ballarto Road and Hall Road, as well as south of Deep Creek
- install new traffic lights at Greenhills Road
- widen the existing Princes Freeway ramp roundabouts
- build a new bridge over Deep Creek near the water recycling plant
- build a new shared walking and cycling path
- add safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide an upgraded alternative north-south route in the Pakenham South area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
For more information about the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road Upgrade, visit Engage Victoria.
Publication of Information for Assessment by Preliminary Documentation under Section 95B(2) of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act)
We are proposing to duplicate approximately 10 kilometres of the Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Road between the Princes Freeway in Pakenham and Manks Road in Koo Wee Rup (see EPBC Act referral 2019/8487).
The proposed action has potential to impact listed threatened species and communities (Sections 18 & 18A) protected under Part 3 of the EPBC Act, specifically the:
- Growling Grass Frog (Litoria raniformis); and
- Southern Brown Bandicoot (Isoodon obesulus obesulus).
The Preliminary Documentation for the proposal was published for public comment on 12 May 2020 pursuant to Section 95A(3) of the EPBC Act and two written comments were received. A summary of these submissions and a response is now provided with the documentation.
The final preliminary documentation is now available for viewing for a period of 10 business days from 22 July to 12 August 2020 inclusive.
The preliminary documentation can be viewed below:
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Rd Upgrade - Preliminary Documentation EPBC REF 2019/8487 (PDF, 82.5 MB)
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Rd Upgrade - Fauna Management Plan (PDF, 9.7 MB)
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Rd Upgrade - Biodiversity Technical Assessment Report (PDF, 28.4 MB)
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup Rd Upgrade - Background Technical Report to the Fauna Management Plan (PDF, 61.2 MB)
- Comments and Response Table (PDF, 529.0 KB)
To request a printed copy of these documents or to request assistance for persons with special needs (e.g. where English is a second language or vision impairment) please contact us on 1800 105 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.