We're upgrading 8 main roads in Melbourne's west as well as improving and maintaining more than 260km of road from Footscray to Werribee.
The Victorian Government has invested $1.8 billion for a comprehensive program of road upgrades and maintenance in the west, to cater for Melbourne’s rapid growth.
The eight roads that form the Western Roads Upgrade include:
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road, Point Cook (PDF, 994.8 KB)
- Palmers Road and Robinsons Road, Truganina (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Derrimut Road, Tarneit (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Leakes Road, Truganina (PDF, 871.3 KB)
- Dohertys Road, Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Parade, Laverton North and Laverton (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Dohertys Road, Foundation Road to Palmers Road, Truganina (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing (PDF, 537.7 KB)
- Duncans Road Interchange, Werribee and Werribee South (PDF, 1.6 MB)
The upgrade also includes improvements and maintenance for more than 260km of road between Footscray and Werribee for the next 20 years.
These works are being delivered as a long-term contract between the Victorian Government and project consortium Netflow. We have contracted the consortium to finance the project and deliver the design and construction.
Managing the environment
We understand the importance and share the value the local community places on the environment and are working hard to minimise tree removal where we can. With all major projects, we balance the need to remove vegetation and the impact to the environment, with the need to improve road safety and journey reliability.
To complete these upgrades, some trees will need to be removed to make space to build new lanes and shared cycling and walking paths. We've engaged an independent ecologist and arborist to do a comprehensive review to inform our environmental management plan.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.