We’re adding extra lanes on Sunbury Road between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest Road, adding traffic lights, new walking and cycling connections and building a new bridge over Jacksons Creek.
As part of the Sunbury Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest Road
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Francis Boulevard and Lancefield Road
- install traffic lights at 600 Sunbury Road
- upgrade the existing bridge and build a new bridge over the Jacksons Creek
- build new walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
The upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- connect existing and emerging communities to the Sunbury town centre
- accommodate for future residential and commercial growth along Sunbury Road
- provide easier and safer walking and cycling around the local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by installing safety barriers and reviewing speed limits.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.