We’ve added an extra lane on Swan Street Bridge to improve traffic flow and safety, whether you're walking, cycling or driving.
We’ve upgraded the Swan Street Bridge and built an extra traffic lane and new walking and cycling paths.
The bridge design draws on inspiration from Melbourne's surrounding landmarks and links the city to our sport and entertainment precincts.
As part of the upgrade, we have:
- added a new eastbound lane to Swan Street Bridge
- built walking and cycling paths on either side of the bridge, separate from road traffic
- built a new pedestrian crossing on the Alexandra Avenue side of the bridge.
We finished major works in September 2018. As part of final works, we will:
- continue to add plants and grass to the area
- install feature lighting and paint the bridge.
New shared walking and cycling paths
Extra traffic lane
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.