We’re upgrading the Western Highway between Ballarat and Stawell to get you where you need to be sooner and safer.
For this section of the Western Highway Upgrade, we will:
- add two lanes in each direction with a central median to separate traffic
- upgrade intersections to improve safety and move traffic more efficiently
- build new access to the highway, with intersections that connect to local roads
- build a bypass to the north of Great Western
- build highway overpasses at Delahoy Road, Bests Road and Sandy Creek Road.
We have started early works, which include:
- a comprehensive tree survey
- environmental field surveys
- investigations into potential environmental initiatives
- investigations into potential community opportunities.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.