We’re upgrading the Western Highway between Ballarat and Stawell to get you where you need to be sooner and safer.
We have upgraded approximately 21km of the Western Highway between Beaufort and Buangor by adding an extra lane in each direction.
Beaufort to Buangor
We finished upgrading a 15km section of the Western Highway between McKinnon Lane and Andersons Road in April 2016.
- reduced the steep slope at Boxs Cutting
- added new bridges at Fiery Creek and Charleycomb Creek
- built a new interchange and highway overpass at Eurambeen-Streatham Road
- built new intersections at Ferntree Gully Road/Goulds Lane and Mile Post Lane.
We finished a 6km bypass of Buangor in April 2016. The new route is to the north of the town.
These works included:
- building three new bridges over Billy Billy Creek
- adding new service roads to maintain local access and road connections to the township of Buangor
- building a new interchange and highway overpass at Peacocks Road, with ramps connecting to the eastbound lanes.
Two new roundabouts were also constructed at key access points to Buangor township.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.