We're upgrading 8 main roads in Melbourne's west as well as improving and maintaining more than 260km of road from Footscray to Werribee.
Leakes Road, Truganina
We’ve started earthworks and are preparing to build new bridges.
Why Leakes Road?
More than 22,000 cars and trucks rely on Leakes Road every day.
Leakes Road connects you to jobs in Truganina, the Tarneit train station, local shops and community services. Plus, it’s a key route to many growing suburbs, including more than 40,000 new homes in the area.
We understand that during peak times, you experience significant delays on this road. This upgrade will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Leakes Road, between Derrimut Road and Fitzgerald Road we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- widening Skeleton Creek bridge and Laverton Creek bridge
- upgrading 18 intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths
- creating a new overpass for the Federation Trail.
The benefits of this project include:
- improved traffic flow by creating a more reliable east-west main road route, taking pressure off local roads
- greater safety by upgrading 18 intersections
- better access to Tarneit train station, jobs and community services
- safer walking and cycling options by upgrading the Federation Trail.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.