We’re making it easier for you to get to Tarneit train station and shops by improving Derrimut Road.
Derrimut Road (Sayers Road to Leakes Road)
Sections of the footpath will be closed intermittently from 7am to 5pm until Saturday 19 October. Alternative walking and cycling access will be provided.
Tarneit Central Shopping Centre
Works on new lanes for Derrimut Road at Tarneit Central Shopping Centre continue to 8 November. Access in and out of the centre from Derrimut Road will be reduced, but shops will remain open. Existing access from Rebecca Promenade and Leakes Road will remain.
The existing bus stop will be temporarily relocated (50 metres) at Rebecca Promenade. Alternative pedestrian access will be provided.
Derrimut Road between Dohertys Road and the Derrimut Train Station
In late October, traffic will move onto the two new lanes between Doherty’s Road, cross over the new section on Dry Creek Bridge and finish just before Tarneit Train Station.
We will also open the pedestrian and cycling path which will link the three residential estates on Dohertys Road to the train station and shopping centres.
The new lanes will open on the east side, the west lanes will then be rehabilitated.
Throughout October, November and December we’ll continue:
- relocating underground utility services
- building the new lanes between Tarneit train station and Sayers Road
- building the shared cycling and pedestrian paths between Dohertys Road and Sayers Road
- upgrading the intersection in front of Tarneit Shopping Centre and Baden Powell Drive
- installing stormwater drainage
- building the new Tarneit Rail Bridge widening
- we'll begin upgrading the intersection at Dohertys Road, Tarneit train station and Leakes Road.
Why Derrimut Road?
More than 18,000 cars and trucks rely on Derrimut Road every day.
Derrimut Road connects you to Tarneit train station, shops, schools, jobs in East Werribee and industrial areas. It’s also a key route to several growing suburbs, including 40,000 new homes in Wyndham North.
We understand that during peak times, you experience significant delays in this area. Upgrading this route will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Derrimut Road, between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road we’re:
- adding one extra lane in each direction
- widening the bridge over the train line
- upgrading nine intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths
- adding landscaping by planting new trees and shrubs.
The benefits of this project are:
- better access to the train station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee
- nine upgraded intersections, improving safety and allowing traffic to flow more freely
- new walking and cycling paths, offering more travel options.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.