We’re making it easier for you to get to Tarneit train station and shops by improving Derrimut Road.
Derrimut Road (Sayers Road to Dohertys Road) Tarneit
We’re continuing initial earthworks and have placed barriers along Derrimut Road. The speed limit is reduced to 80km/h on sections of Derrimut Road.
Tarneit Central Shopping Centre, Derrimut Road entrance works
Works on new lanes for Derrimut Road near the Tarneit Central Shopping Centre will take place in August and September. Access in and out of the centre from Derrimut Road will be reduced during these works, however, the shops will remain open. Existing access from Rebecca Promenade and Leakes Road will stay open.
The existing bus stop will be temporarily relocated at Rebecca Promenade. Alternative pedestrian access will be provided.
Why Derrimut Road?
More than 18,000 cars and trucks rely on Derrimut Road every day.
Derrimut Road connects you to Tarneit train station, shops, schools, jobs in East Werribee and industrial areas. It’s also a key route to several growing suburbs, including 40,000 new homes in Wyndham North.
We understand that during peak times, you experience significant delays in this area. Upgrading this route will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Derrimut Road, between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road we’re:
- adding one extra lane in each direction
- widening the bridge over the train line
- upgrading nine intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths
- adding landscaping by planting new trees and shrubs.
The benefits of this project are:
- better access to the train station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee
- nine upgraded intersections, improving safety and allowing traffic to flow more freely
- new walking and cycling paths, offering more travel options.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.