We’re making it easier for you to get to Tarneit train station and shops by improving Derrimut Road.
We’ve completed major works and are nearing project completion.
Over the coming months we’ll do minor finishing works such as lighting, landscaping and signal works. We’ll occasionally close lanes to do these works.
Why Derrimut Road?
More than 18,000 cars and trucks rely on Derrimut Road every day. Derrimut Road connects you to Tarneit train station, shops, schools, jobs in East Werribee and industrial areas.
It’s also a key route to several growing suburbs, including 40,000 new homes in Wyndham North.
On Derrimut Road, between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road we’ve:
- added one extra lane in each direction
- widened the bridge over the train line
- upgraded nine intersections
- built new walking and cycling paths.
We'll also add landscaping by planting new trees and shrubs.
The benefits of this project are:
- better access to the train station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee
- nine upgraded intersections, improving safety and allowing traffic to flow more freely
- new walking and cycling paths, offering more travel options.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.