We’re making it easier for you to get to Tarneit train station and shops by improving Derrimut Road.
Derrimut Road, Tarneit
We’re laying the final layer of asphalt and nearing project completion. The upgrade will make it easier for you to access the train station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee.
Moving traffic to new lanes and changed traffic conditions
We have moved traffic onto the new lanes on the west side of Derrimut Road, from Bindowan Drive and Marengo Street and from Tarneit Railway Station and Dohertys Road.
We’ll continue switching traffic onto the new lanes, overnight, 8pm to 5am, in different stages in late November on:
- Derrimut Road between Marengo Street and Tarneit Railway Station
- Sayers Road between Seasons Boulevard and Reflections Boulevard.
We'll keep one lane open in each direction while we complete the centre median strip, footpath, landscaping and install public lighting and bus stops. Driveway access along Derrimut Road and Sayers Road will permanently change to left turn only, to enter and exit.
Right and U-turns permitted at traffic lights only, unless otherwise signed. For more information, please see Access changes.
Nightworks and road closures
We’ll continue laying the final layer of asphalt until mid-December. We’ll work on each section of Derrimut Road for two-to-four nights from Monday to Sunday between 7pm and 5am.
We’ll also need to close the intersections along Derrimut Road and Sayers Road, overnight, 8pm to 5am, with detours in place and local access maintained. The road closures will occur until mid-December, in the following roads and intersections:
- Derrimut Road and Dohertys Road intersection
- Derrimut Road and Leakes Road intersection
- Derrimut Road and Sayers Road intersection
- Marengo Street at Derrimut Road
- Sundial Boulevard at Derrimut Road
- Tarneit Station Access at Derrimut Road
- Rebecca Promenade at Derrimut Road
- Baden Powell Boulevard at Derrimut Road
- Poplar Boulevard at Derrimut Road
- Rippleside Drive and Inverell Parkway at Derrimut Road
- Seasons Boulevard and Silkwood Boulevard at Sayers Road
- Tarneit Shopping Centre Access at Derrimut.
We'll keep our roadside electronic message boards up to date to show any changes. You can also keep up to date by visiting Victoria's Big Build for disruptions across the road and public transport network. Dates are subject to change and are dependent on weather.
We're on track to complete the Western Roads Upgrade by early 2021.
Why Derrimut Road?
We’re building a network of improved roads that will improve the flow of traffic in the west. We understand that the current level of disruption in the western suburbs may be challenging and appreciate your patience while we do this critical work. The Western Roads Upgrade is due to be completed by early 2021.
More than 18,000 cars and trucks rely on Derrimut Road every day. Derrimut Road connects you to Tarneit train station, shops, schools, jobs in East Werribee and industrial areas. It’s also a key route to several growing suburbs, including 40,000 new homes in Wyndham North.
On Derrimut Road, between Sayers Road and Dohertys Road we’re:
- adding one extra lane in each direction
- widening the bridge over the train line
- upgrading nine intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths
- adding landscaping by planting new trees and shrubs.
The benefits of this project are:
- better access to the train station, shops, schools and jobs in East Werribee
- nine upgraded intersections, improving safety and allowing traffic to flow more freely
- new walking and cycling paths, offering more travel options.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.