We're making Dohertys Road in Truganina better for local businesses and all road users.
Dohertys Road (Foundation Road to Palmers Road), Truganina
We’re continuing to build new traffic lanes on Dohertys Road, between Foundation Road and Palmers Road and have started preparing for drainage works in Laverton Creek.
Why Dohertys Road?
More than 8000 cars and trucks use this section of Doherty’s Road every day.
In addition to the strong residential growth in Wyndham, Dohertys Road connects industrial areas in the west to key freight routes and nearby freeways.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to be sooner.
On Dohertys Road, between Foundation Road and Palmers Road we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- building new traffic lights
- creating new walking and cycling paths.
The benefits of this upgrade include:
- boosting road connectivity to some of Melbourne’s biggest growth areas
- providing a more reliable east-west connection to the freeway network
- promoting walking and cycling by adding a new shared path
- improved travel reliability and safety for all road users.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.