We're improving access to the freeway and popular tourist attractions in Werribee.
We've opened all freeway ramps and completed major works on the Duncans Road interchange.
Over the coming months we’ll complete minor works such as final barrier removal and landscaping works.
You can expect intermittent freeway lane and ramp closures while we complete these works.
Why Duncans Road Interchange?
More than 11,000 cars and trucks use the Duncans Road interchange every day, with this number surging during events in the tourism precinct.
The interchange is a key route for a number of growing suburbs, connecting you to the Werribee town centre and Wyndham Harbour.
The previous bridge was opened in 1961 and struggled with today’s traffic volumes. Additionally, there was no outbound freeway exit and no inbound freeway entrance to and from Geelong.
The upgrade provides better traffic flow, so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
At the Duncans Road interchange we’ve:
- built new exit ramps from the Princes Freeway to Duncans Road
- built a new bridge over the Princes Freeway, providing two lanes in each direction
- added two new ramps for the Princes Freeway at Duncans Road with an entrance for Geelong-bound traffic and an exit for traffic coming from Geelong
- improved the intersection of K Road and Duncans Road
- built new walking and cycling paths along Duncans Road and safe road crossing areas.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll experience when travelling on this busy road:
- improved journeys to world class tourist attractions, including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Werribee Mansion, the National Equestrian Centre and the Victorian State Rose Garden
- new ramps making it easier to get to and from Geelong
- reduced congestion and increased safety by improving the busy K Road intersection
- better access for locals to shops and jobs.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.