We're improving access to the freeway and popular tourist attractions in Werribee.
Duncans Road Interchange - Werribee
We've opened the new Duncans Road bridge to limited traffic after we successfully demolished the old bridge in June.
We’ve also reinstated the new intersection at K Road and Duncans Road.
During the next few months, we’ll
- build and open the new Geelong-bound freeway entry ramp
- build and open the new Melbourne-bound freeway exit ramp
- install traffic lights and light poles
- lay the final layer of asphalt on new roads
- open additional lanes on the new Duncans Road bridge.
For more information about disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build.
Why Duncans Road Interchange?
More than 11,000 cars and trucks use the Duncans Road interchange every day, with this number surging during events in the tourism precinct.
The interchange is a key route for a number of growing suburbs, connecting you to the Werribee town centre and Wyndham Harbour.
The existing bridge was opened in 1961 and struggles with today’s traffic volumes. Additionally, there’s no outbound freeway exit and no inbound freeway entrance to and from Geelong.
This upgrade will make traffic flow better, so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
At the Duncans Road interchange we’re:
- building new exit ramps from the Princes Freeway to Duncans Road
- building a new bridge over the Princes Freeway, providing two lanes in each direction
- adding two new ramps for the Princes Freeway at Duncans Road with an entrance for Geelong-bound traffic and an exit for traffic coming from Geelong
- improving the intersection of K Road and Duncans Road
- building new walking and cycling paths along Duncans Road and safe road crossing areas.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll experience when travelling on this busy road:
- improved journeys to world class tourist attractions, including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Werribee Mansion, the National Equestrian Centre and the Victorian State Rose Garden
- new ramps will make it easier to get to and from Geelong
- reduced congestion and increased safety by improving the busy K Road intersection
- better access for locals to shops and jobs.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.