We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
We’ve almost completed major works at the Forsyth Road Interchange. Thank you for your patience while we complete the remaining work.
In January 2021, we’ll lay a new layer of asphalt on all lanes of the Princes Freeway and finish with line marking. We'll work at night to complete these works and minimise any disruptions.
|Ashcroft Avenue||We've opened the new lanes. We've removed the roundabout at Forsyth Road and replaced it with traffic lights.|
|Forsyth Road||We’ve opened the new lanes in both directions between the Princes Freeway ramps and Ashcroft Avenue making the road safer.|
|Princes Freeway ramps||We’ve added new lanes to the freeway entry and exit ramps.|
|Old Geelong Road||We’ve added new lanes and straightened Old Geelong Road to connect with Forsyth Road at the new Ashcroft Avenue intersection|
|Hoppers Crossing Homemaker Centre eastern entrance||The Homemaker Centre entrance closest to Forsyth Road is now open.|
|Footpath on Forsyth Road over Princes Freeway||The footpath is now open between Princes Freeway and Old Geelong Road.|
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road Interchange, we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- adding a new lane to each of the entry and exit ramps at the Princes Freeway
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes, upgrading intersections and realigning the road
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.