We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
We’re placing barriers in the freeway’s median strip so we can widen the Forsyth Road bridge. This means there will be some overnight lane closures. During the closures, speeds will be reduced to 40km/h. We'll also reduce the freeway speed to 80km/h for a few months.
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road interchange we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.