We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
Works are progressing well on Forsyth Road. We’ve installed safety barriers around the site and are continuing initial earthworks. A reduced speed limit is in place.
In October, November and December we’ll:
- install additional traffic barriers across the site and complete additional line marking
- continue earthworks at Ashcroft Ave, Old Geelong Rd, Forsyth Rd and the Geelong Bound off-ramp
- extend existing retaining walls either side of the Princes Freeway near the Forsyth Road Interchange
- relocate utility services with some night works when necessary
- carry out drainage works across the project site
- construct straightened new sections of Old Geelong Road heading towards the Forsyth Road intersection
- complete piling and lifting the new bridge beams over the freeway for the new Forsyth Road bridge.
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road interchange we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.