We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
We’ve completed major works at the Forsyth Road Interchange.
Over the coming months we’ll complete the final minor works, including landscaping works. Please expect intermittent freeway lane and ramp closures while we complete these works.
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road Interchange, we’ve:
- added an extra lane in each direction
- straightened Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replaced the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widened the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- added a new lane to each of the entry and exit ramps at the Princes Freeway
- built new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes, upgrading intersections and realigning the road
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.