We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
Works are progressing well on Forsyth Road. The new bridge over the Princes Freeway is now open, with traffic using this while the old bridge is upgraded. We’ve also opened a new section of road between Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road near the Hoppers Crossing Homemaker Centre.
In June and July we’ll:
- close the inbound on ramp from 8pm 24 May to 5am 22 June to widen and strengthen the ramp
- switch traffic to the new bridges over Princes Freeway and the rail line. We’ll close the existing bridges to complete strengthening work ahead of both bridges being open in September 2020
- continue works at Ashcroft Ave, Old Geelong Rd, Forsyth Rd to widen these roads and prepare for the intersection upgrade. Access to Newport Avenue from Ashcroft Avenue will be closed from 16 June for up to 6 weeks.
- continue works to realign and widen Forsyth Road between the Princes Freeway and Ashcroft Avenue
- upgrade the Melbourne bound off ramp in late June, with some lane closures and turning movement changes in place.
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road interchange we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- adding a new lane to each of the entry and exit ramps at the Princes Freeway
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes,upgrading intersections and realigning the road
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.