We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
We’ve opened new lanes on Ashcroft Avenue and a new straightened section of Forsyth Road between the Hoppers Crossing Homemaker Centre and Ashcroft Avenue. We’ve removed the roundabout Forsyth Road and Ashcroft Avenue and replaced it with traffic lights.
We’ve also straightened Old Geelong Road to connect with Forsyth Road at the new Ashcroft Avenue intersection.
|Melbourne bound freeway exit ramp to Forsyth Road||We've closed the ramp until 28 September so we can add new lanes. Detours in place.|
|Geelong bound freeway ramps||We'll continue works to add lanes with some overnight closures between 10 to 14 September.|
|Hoppers Crossing Homemaker Centre eastern entrance||We've closed the entrance closest to Forsyth Road until 25 September while we build a new entrance connecting with the new section of Old Geelong Road. You can access the Homemaker Centre via the western entrance while we're working.|
|Forsyth Road bridge over Princes Freeway||We're strengthening the old bridge and we'll open it to traffic in late September.|
|Forsyth Road North||We're upgrading the old section of Forsyth Road north and we'll open it to traffic in late September.|
|Footpath on Forsyth Road over Princes Freeway||We've closed the footpath until late September while we upgrade the bridge. Detours in place.|
|Old Geelong Road||We'll continue works to duplicate Old Geelong Road. We'll open the new lanes in late September.|
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road Interchange, we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- adding a new lane to each of the entry and exit ramps at the Princes Freeway
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes, upgrading intersections and realigning the road
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.