We're making it easier for you to get to work, shops and community services in Truganina
Leakes Road, Truganina
In April we’ll:
- complete drainage and pavement work:
- between Derrimut Road and Skeleton Creek
- between Woods Road and Palmers Road
- between Palmers Road and Laverton Creek
- between Laverton Creek and the Laverton Market.
- complete asphalting, signage and line marking between Derrimut Road and Skeleton Creek and between Woods Road and Palmers Road
- complete asphalting, signages and line marking between Palmers Road and Fitzgerald Road
- complete Laverton Creek drain (north and south sides)
- commence installation of new street lighting and traffic signals at intersections along Leakes Road
- continue Skeleton creek bridge widening works
- commence Federation Trail bridge work
- commence landscaping in centre median
- install Skeleton Creek bridge beams
- continue work on Federation Trail overpass.
In May/June we’ll:
- complete the Skeleton Creek bridge
- continue Federation Trail bridge overpass
- complete public lighting
- continue with landscaping works.
Why Leakes Road?
More than 22,000 cars and trucks rely on Leakes Road every day.
Leakes Road connects you to jobs in Truganina, the Tarneit train station, local shops and community services. Plus, it’s a key route to many growing suburbs, including more than 40,000 new homes in the area.
We understand that during peak times, you experience significant delays on this road. This upgrade will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Leakes Road, between Derrimut Road and Fitzgerald Road we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- widening Skeleton Creek bridge and Laverton Creek bridge
- upgrading intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths
- creating a new overpass for the Federation Trail.
The benefits of this project include:
- improved traffic flow by creating a more reliable east-west main road route, taking pressure off local roads
- greater safety by upgrading 18 intersections
- better access to Tarneit train station, jobs and community services
- safer walking and cycling options by upgrading the Federation Trail.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.