We're making it easier for you to get to work, shops and community services in Truganina
Why Leakes Road?
More than 22,000 cars and trucks rely on Leakes Road every day.
Leakes Road connects you to jobs in Truganina, the Tarneit train station, local shops and community services. Plus, it’s a key route to many growing suburbs, including more than 40,000 new homes in the area.
On Leakes Road, between Derrimut Road and Fitzgerald Road we’ve:
- added an extra lane in each direction
- widened Skeleton Creek bridge and Laverton Creek bridge
- upgraded intersections
- built new walking and cycling paths
- created a new overpass for the Federation Trail.
The benefits of this project include:
- improved traffic flow by creating a more reliable east-west main road route, taking pressure off local roads
- greater safety by upgrading 18 intersections
- better access to Tarneit train station, jobs and community services
- safer walking and cycling options by upgrading the Federation Trail.
The new Federation Trail overpass on Leakes Road is now open to pedestrians and cyclists.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.