We're making it easier for you to travel north and south between the Western and Princes freeways.
Palmers Road, Truganina
We've started the first stage of construction along Palmers Road. We're currently building new lanes behind safety barriers on the existing road reserve.
From mid-2019, you'll see excavation and earthworks in three locations:
- Boundary Road to Agar Drive, Derrimut.
- Sayers Road to Monet Drive, Truganina.
- Ashcroft Road to Sayers Road, Williams Landing.
In October we’ll:
- continue earthworks to widen Palmers Road, north of the Princes Freeway
- continue installing new stormwater drainage and relocating services to make way for new lanes
- Drive piles for the 220-metre walking and cycling bridge, taking the Federation Trail over the Sayers Road intersection
- install new stormwater drains near Sunline Drive
- begin forming new walking and cycling paths in the Truganina area
- start building soil embankments for Federation Trail overpass at Sayers Road.
In November and December we’ll:
- install new barriers and relocate the bus stop near Distribution Drive
- continue building the new traffic lanes behind barriers near Sayers Road and Ashcroft Avenue
- continue building the new walking and cycling paths close to Sunline Drive
- lay asphalt on new traffic lanes
- build concrete footings for the new Federation Trail overpass across Sayers and Palmers Roads.
Why Palmers Road?
More than 20,000 cars and trucks rely on Palmers Road every day.
It provides important access to the Western Freeway in Truganina and the Princes Freeway in Williams Landing. It also connects residents in Melbourne’s growing outer west to Williams Landing shopping centre, bus services and the train station.
We understand that during peak times, you experience big delays on this this road.
This upgrade will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Palmers Road, between Princes Freeway and Western Freeway we’re:
- adding two extra lanes in each direction between Princes Freeway and Sayers Road
- adding one extra lane in each direction between Sayers Road and Boundary Road
- adding two extra lanes in each direction between Boundary Road and Western Freeway
- upgrading intersections
- building new walking and cycling paths and a new overpass for the Federation Trail
- straightening out Palmers Road at the Sayers Road intersection
- introducing bus jump lanes at key intersections.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you live in this busy residential area:
- improved journeys between two major freeways in the west
- better access to public transport, jobs and community hubs
- safer walking and cycling options
- getting you to places sooner and safer by upgrading intersections and taking the ‘kink’ out of Palmers Road.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.