We're making it easier for you to travel north and south between the Western and Princes freeways.
We’ve now completed major works on Palmers Road.
Over the coming months we’ll complete minor finishing works such as installing slip lanes, safety barriers, street lights and landscaping.
To safely complete these works we’ll temporarily close some lanes, install barriers and reduce speeds in areas where we work. This allows our workers to work safely and quickly, separated from traffic and with safe access along the length of the worksite.
As part of our minor finishing works, we’ll do some work at night along Palmers Road and intersecting side roads. These works may include some road, lane and intersection closures. Doing night work means we can complete works safely and quickly, while reducing our impacts to traffic.
Why Palmers Road?
More than 20,000 cars and trucks rely on Palmers Road every day.
It provides important access to the Western Freeway in Truganina and the Princes Freeway in Williams Landing. It also connects residents in Melbourne’s growing outer west to Williams Landing shopping centre, bus services and the train station.
On Palmers Road, between Princes Freeway and Western Freeway we’ve:
- added two extra lanes in each direction between Princes Freeway and Sayers Road
- added one extra lane in each direction between Sayers Road and Boundary Road
- added two extra lanes in each direction between Boundary Road and Western Freeway
- upgraded intersections
- built new walking and cycling paths and a new overpass for the Federation Trail
- straightened out Palmers Road at the Sayers Road intersection
- introduced bus jump lanes at key intersections.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy with the Palmers Road upgrade:
- improved journeys between two major freeways in the west
- better access to public transport, jobs and community hubs
- safer walking and cycling options
- getting you places sooner and safer by upgrading intersections and straightening out Palmers Road.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.