We're making it easier for you to travel north and south between the Western and Princes freeways.
Palmers Road, Truganina
We’ve started initial earthworks. In early 2019 we’ll start placing barriers along Palmers and Robinsons Roads. We’ll provide more information when this work begins.
Why Palmers Road?
More than 20,000 cars and trucks rely on Palmers Road every day.
It’s an important link between the Western Freeway in Truganina and the Princes Freeway in Williams Landing. It also connects residents in Melbourne’s growing outer west to Williams Landing shopping centre, bus services and the train station.
With increasing traffic volumes and heavy vehicle use, the road’s condition is deteriorating. We understand that during peak times, you experience big delays on this this road.
This upgrade will make traffic and public transport flow better so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
On Palmers Road, between Princes Freeway and Western Freeway we’re:
- adding two extra lanes in each direction between Princes Freeway and Sayers Rd
- adding one extra lane in each direction between Sayers Road and Boundary Road
- adding two extra lanes in each direction between Boundary Road and Western Freeway
- upgrading 16 intersections
- upgrading Federation Trail; new walking and cycling paths and bridge
- taking the ‘kink’ out of Palmers / Sayers Road intersections
- introducing bus priority lanes at intersections.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you live in this busy residential area:
- improved journeys between two major freeways in the west
- better access to public transport, jobs and community hubs
- safer walking and cycling options
- getting you to places sooner and safer by upgrading intersections and taking the ‘kink’ out of Palmers Road.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.