We're upgrading 8 main roads in Melbourne's west as well as improving and maintaining more than 260km of road from Footscray to Werribee.
Road resurfacing and repair
In 2018 we started resurfacing and repairing sections of key roads in Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, Brimbank and Maribyrnong municipalities.
We’ll continue these works during 2021, with maintenance then continuing over the next 20 years on 260kms of roads from Footscray to Werribee.
The works include:
- milling - taking up the old road surface
- strengthening - sometimes extra work is done beneath the road surface to make sure it's strong enough
- paving - a final layer of asphalt
- line marking - painting the correct lines on the road surface
- repairing the kerbs on the side of roads if necessary.
The 24 roads being resurfaced or rehabilitated between Footscray and Werribee in 2021 are:
- Anderson Road
- Ballan Road
- Ballarat Road
- Blackshaws Road
- Central Avenue
- Churchill Avenue
- Civic Parade
- Derrimut Road (Hopkins Road)
- Dohertys Road
- Douglas Parade
- Duncans Road
- Geelong Road (Princes Highway West)
- Heaths Road
- Hyde Street
- Kororoit Creek Road
- Market Road
- McDonald Road
- Paramount Road (Ashley Street)
- Point Cook Road
- Princes Hwy (Werribee)
- Queen Street
- Sayers Road
- Sunshine Road
- Williamstown Road.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.