We’re upgrading Yan Yean Road to make journeys in Melbourne's north quicker, easier and safer.
Upgrading Yan Yean Road in Melbourne's north will create safer and more reliable journeys for the more than 24,000 drivers that use this road every day.
We've transformed Yan Yean Road between Diamond Creek Road and Kurrak Road in Plenty from a congested two-lane arterial to a four-lane road with:
- improved safety features
- six intersections with traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, and
- brand-new walking and cycling paths.
We’re planning to make Yan Yean Road even better by continuing the upgrade from Kurrak Road, Yarrambat to Bridge Inn Road, Doreen.
To improve safety, we’ll:
- add lanes and upgrade intersections between Kurrak Road, Yarrambat and Bridge Inn Road, Doreen
- add centre median and kerb-side safety barriers along the road
- install new traffic lights and roundabouts to upgrade existing intersections
- build brand-new pedestrian crossings and walking and cycling paths
- add a service road for safer access to residential properties.
- For an overview of Stage 1 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade, read the project overview fact sheet (PDF, 1.0 MB).
- For an overview of Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade, read the project overview fact sheet (PDF, 644.8 KB).
- For the latest Yan Yean Road Upgrade - Stage 2 community update, read the June 2021 Community Update newsletter (PDF, 928.3 KB).
Stage 1 constructed between late 2017 and mid-2019
Minister for Planning determined outcome of EES in March 2021
Planning Scheme Amendment gazetted in August 2021
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.