We’re upgrading Yan Yean Road between Diamond Creek and Bridge Inn roads to make journeys in Melbourne’s north quicker, easier and safer
We’re upgrading Yan Yean Road between Kurrak Road, Yarrambat and Bridge Inn Road, Doreen. The project will improve safety and traffic flow through Plenty, Yarrambat and Doreen.
Have a question?
To find out more about the project, visit the Yan Yean Road - Stage 2 consultation page on the Engage Victoria website.
Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade will:
- widen the road from one to two lanes in each direction between Kurrak and Bridge Inn roads
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Orchard and Bridge Inn roads
- install new traffic lights at North Oatlands Road and Bannons Lane
- install new roundabouts at Heard Avenue and Youngs Road
- upgrade the Ironbark Road intersection with traffic lights
- upgrade the Jorgensen Avenue intersection with either traffic lights or a roundabout
- add a service road to give safe access to residential properties
- build new walking and cycling paths along the full length of the road
- add centre median and kerb side safety barriers along the road.
The project will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- improve access to local and growing residential and recreational centres in the north
- make it easier and safer for you to walk and cycle around your local area
- provide two lanes in each direction between Diamond Creek and Bridge Inn roads
- lower the risk and severity of crashes with safety barriers.
- Project overview fact sheet (PDF File, 394.0 KB)
- Bridge Inn Road design options fact sheet (PDF File, 675.2 KB)
- Jorgensen Avenue design options fact sheet (PDF File, 1.8 MB)
- Laurie Street to Bannons Lane design update fact sheet (PDF File, 605.1 KB)
- Youngs Road design update fact sheet (PDF File, 941.4 KB)
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.