We’re upgrading Yan Yean Road between Diamond Creek and Bridge Inn roads to make journeys in Melbourne’s north quicker, easier and safer
We’re upgrading Yan Yean Road between Kurrak Road, Yarrambat and Bridge Inn Road, Doreen. The project will improve safety and traffic flow through Plenty, Yarrambat and Doreen.
The Environment Effects Statement (EES) for Stage 2 of the project is on display for public comment from 31 August to 5pm 9 October 2020. Read more on the EES Exhibition tab.
Have a question?
To find out more about the project, view the fact sheets below or visit the EES Exhibition tab.
For Stage 2 of the Yan Yean Road Upgrade, we'll:
- widen the road from one to two lanes in each direction between Kurrak and Bridge Inn roads
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Orchard and Bridge Inn roads
- install new traffic lights at North Oatlands Road, Bannons Lane and Jorgensen Avenue
- install new roundabouts at Heard Avenue and Youngs Road
- upgrade the traffic lights at Ironbark Road
- build new walking and cycling paths along the full length of the road
- add centre median and kerb side safety barriers along the road.
View the roll plot map (PDF, 7.0 MB) for a more detailed version of the project design.
The project will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- improve access to local and growing residential and recreational centres in the north
- make it easier and safer for you to walk and cycle around your local area
- provide two lanes in each direction between Diamond Creek and Bridge Inn roads
- lower the risk and severity of crashes with safety barriers.
- Project overview fact sheet (PDF File, 644.8 KB)
- Access changes fact sheet (PDF File, 690.3 KB)
- Bannons Lane to Jorgensen Avenue fact sheet (PDF File, 2.9 MB)
- Bridge Inn Road fact sheet (PDF File, 536.0 KB)
- Ironbark Road fact sheet (PDF File, 967.9 KB)
- Jorgensen Avenue fact sheet (PDF File, 444.9 KB)
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.